The City Stars Programme is designed by City Hive CEO Bev Shah and Christine Brown-Quinn, a former Managing Director in International Finance, now an author, speaker and consultant helping women to develop business strategies so they can thrive in their careers. Well versed in what it takes to forge a thriving career in highly pressurised, alpha environments, Christine is known as ‘The Female Capitalist®’.
At the beginning of their career, when delivery and completion of tasks are paramount, women often excel. By mid-career, however, they can experience a slow-down in the rate of pay and promotion, which cannot be simply explained away by maternity leave or a system based purely on meritocracy. So what is happening here?
First and foremost you have to take full ownership of your career
so that you can shape it in a way that keeps you fully engaged and aligned to a
changing competitive environment. There is an easy way to go about this - without
adding more hours to an already long day - but it does require a fresh approach
and a new way of thinking.
While hard skills are perhaps more obvious and achievable, the soft skills critical to career progression are often overlooked. The City Stars programme, therefore, addresses the issue of career ownership and strategic positioning as well as the critical soft sills to move a promising career forward.
City Stars equips mid‑career women with:
• A greater awareness of their personal talent and potential (aligned strategically to the business)
• An increased sense of ownership of their career now and in the future
• A solid foundation of skills and strategies to navigate the complexity of business and organisational life
• A support network of like-minded women working in the same industry
• A clear endorsement from their company’s management that they matter to the success of the organisation
What to expect
This session will cover:
- What to expect from the ‘new normal’ and how it will impact you
- The one key secret to successful conversations with your manager in today’s workplace
- The relevance of the rise of non-linear career paths
- Why work & life are actually complementary rather than in conflict
- How to successfully apply the S-I-S-T-E-R Navigation Plan to your career
If you would like to join the City Stars programme, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.