Please sign in to apply for this job
WHEB is a pioneer in sustainable and impact investing. We are one the most experienced teams in the sector with a track record of more than fourteen years. WHEB is a small and ambitious team and our mission is “to advance sustainability and create prosperity through positive impact investments.” WHEB believes that investing in companies who are providing solutions to sustainability challenges can lead to superior investment returns. As a Certified B Corporation, WHEB is part of a global movement of stakeholder businesses, which consider the impact of business decisions on our employees, clients, suppliers, the community, and the environment, as well as our shareholders.
WHEB is seeking a full-time Business Development Associate, based in London. They will join our growing team to support WHEB’s sales and marketing activities, including client relationships and business development in the UK intermediary market. They will work closely with WHEB’s Business Development Manager (BDM) and Managing Partner.
WHEB is a small firm, so the responsibilities of the position are broad-ranging and cover the spectrum from marketing to client relationships and sales. This will make for a dynamic and exciting role.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Supporting the BDM in growing WHEB’s coverage and relationships in the UK Wealth Manager, IFA, platform and wholesale markets which will include some UK travel;
- Attending client presentations and meetings;
- Preparation of marketing materials and financial promotions, including presentations, articles, consultant databases and other communications;
- Developing a detailed understanding of WHEB’s investment process and knowledge of current investment activity in order to keep clients informed; - Helping respond to client RFPs (Requests for Proposal) and due diligence material questionnaires;
- Updating and developing WHEB’s client relationship management system; - Helping to organise client events, in particular WHEB’s two annual investor seminars;
- Managing social media and supporting PR activity;
- Working alongside the Business Development Manager who you will be reporting to; you will be reporting to the Managing Partner whilst the BDM is on maternity leave.
WHEB has a team of nine people focused on a single investment strategy built around sustainability themes, with a long-only, global, listed equity investment vehicle, the FP WHEB Sustainability Fund which we manage alongside two segregated mandates (following a mirror strategy). Our investment strategy employs a fundamental and long term approach based on a deep understanding of the companies and industries we invest in.
As a member of the WHEB team, you will:
- work in a driven and entrepreneurial team;
- gain experience in building client relationships and supporting business development opportunities;
- work creatively to help communicate and promote WHEB’s approach to impact investing;
- be part of a flexible working culture with progressive workplace benefits;
The successful applicant will have, as a minimum:
- three years’ relevant experience;
- demonstrable enthusiasm for and interest in sustainable and impact investing;
- knowledge and understanding of UK intermediary market;
- an excellent academic record;
- good storytelling ability, both written and spoken;
- advanced skills and creativity with PowerPoint;
- be adaptable and able to work on a variety of projects simultaneously;
- enjoy meeting and talking to new people;
- be outgoing and dynamic.
If this role is of interest, please click "apply" or save in your profile for later.
© City Hive Network Ltd. / Registered Company No. 10195767 / Registered in England and Wales with registered office at 71-75 Shelton Street, Covent Garden, London, WC2H 9JQ, United Kingdom
Cookies On City Hive